Saturday, October 17, 2009

~InTrOdUcTiOnS~




My name is Amy Prothero, and I am 21 years old. My husband and I met in 2006, the same year I graduated high school, and proceeded to marry quickly, and young. No regrets! B and I were meant for each other from the very beginning, meeting only through friends that had a momentary fling. He was shy, and I was outgoing and obnoxious. Trust me though, the shy ones are never what they seem ;).



I have two adorable (motherly bias?) children, who we fondly call 'Bebe' and 'Boy', ages 1 1/2 and 4 months.

My daughter was born 9 months after B and I were married, starting out at only 5lbs 2oz and perfectly healthy. She was a wonderful, calm spirit, hardly ever even fussing. Now she is a rambunctious little squirt, 19 months old and 19 lbs, constantly moving and chatting, climbing and dancing. Like I said, watch out for the shy, quiet ones!





Boy is 16 months her younger, and as opposite her as possible. Colicky, picky, and hard to please, this boy never sleeps! He keeps his Momma and Daddy on their toes! Entering the world at 6lbs 12oz with a broken collar bone and lungs the size of China, Boy has pushed us hard to learn the art of patience. The creative sections of our brains have been exercised to the max, and we've learned all about vacuums, running water, changes in lights and voice tones. But the laps around the house are worth every step with one of his bright-eyed, gummy smiles or contagious giggles.



Being a mother and wife is the most amazing thing that I could have ever asked of life. Though most of the time it is full of challenges and unexpected difficulties, it has brought me more joy than anything I could ever think to try. Family is the most important of any belonging, and I look forward to every new day where I get to experience being a mother one more time :).



3 comments:

  1. Such a cute photo of daddy with both babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure thought so! I walked in one day and they were all out cold on the couch. Priceless moments :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog... its so so cute! And your family is adorable! Your babies are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete